FAQ about Social Security Disability # 5 By Salvador Benavidez

by News Editor
in Blog
on 05 May 2016
Hits: 3249

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star activeStar activeStar activeStar activeStar active

DSC 7777 203 width

What happens if I receive a check that is not due to me?  

If you receive a check that you know is not due to you, take it to any Social Security Office or return the check to the U.S. Treasury Department.  The address is on the check envelope.  Before returning the check, write VOID on the front of the check and include a written message as to why the check is not due to you.  For a direct deposit receipt of funds, call your social security office and you will be instructed as to how to return the funds.  If you knowingly receive funds that are not due to you, there could be serious consequences.

713 227-1717

Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest

terms and conditions.