FAQ # 12 About Social Security Disability - by Salvador Benavidez

by News Editor
in Blog
on 06 December 2016
Hits: 5358

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star activeStar activeStar activeStar activeStar active

DSC 7777 203 width

Is there a program or assistance when people need help managing their money?  Yes, Social Security’s Representative Payment Program provides a program for the Social Security and SSI payments for those beneficiaries who are not capable of managing their funds.


 I have participated as a Representative Payee for a client in order to gain insight about the process.  Generally, Social Security will turn to family/friends of the beneficiary; otherwise, Social Security will authorize other qualified persons or organizations.

 Keep in mind, the person taking on the roll as a Representative Payee is acting as a fiduciary and has to report to the Social Security Administration.

713 227-1717